Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Yay finished objects!



Finally, finally finished something that worked out. Jill's fingerless mittens are done done done. And I gave them to her and that's her hands modeling them in the picture. Because they are done.

There's an awful lot of relief connected to finishing something that I'm proud of. It's been a little while since that happened. Over a month, actually, since I finished Eric's giraffe. So, yay.

I still have my mom's blanket on the needles. Theoretically it'll get finished by Christmas. Theoretically.

Next up, I'm starting on a yoga bag for my co-worker and old supervisor. She was also my yoga instructor at the work yoga sessions, and I know she'd love a knitted yoga bag. Or at least, that's what I'm telling myself.

Took a long weekend trip to Gatlinburg this past weekend. My poor friends, all of them guys, made the mistake of telling me that there was a yarn shop nearby. They got dragged into the shop for about an hour, but they were great sports about it. It didn't hurt that the woman who owned the shop was married to the guy who owned the fishing shop (the fishing shop and the yarn shop were connected), so they talked with her about fishing and hiking while I perused the yarn. I had been on a yarn diet, but that went out the window. I came away with a hank of Schaeffer yarn that I think will end up a Swallowtail Shawl, and some pretty Ditto yarn that will probably be a scarf. Also grabbed the issue of Interweave Knits that has the Swallowtail pattern, and a set of Crystal Palace Bamboo circulars to make the Swallowtail. Huh. I'm pretty set on making that shawl, apparently.

No comments: