Saturday, June 9, 2007

Felted purse

My first projects were the requisite scarves. I made a ton for people for holidays last year. I don't have many photos of those, though.

The first major project I decided to try was a purse, from this episode of Knitty Gritty. I made some changes, though: no pattern, just a free-hand "image," and wooden-like handles opposed to knitted handles. I used Lion's Brand Wool in three different colors.

I'd never used double-knitting before, or felting, so it was an adventure. And I really like the results!

Felted purse, pre-felting
Bag, pre-felting

Felted purse, post-felting
Post-felting, drying.

Felted purse finished
Finished purse, ta-da.


I wish it were a little bigger. And that I'd made the closures a little more secure. I love using this purse, but it's difficult to carry everything I'd like.

No comments: