Sunday, June 10, 2007

Works in progress

I have four projects in various states of completion.

The one I'm concentrating most on is kind of babydoll-style tank..thing. Sort of. I don't know what to call it. I've finished the top and the straps, they're currently blocking. My goal is to finish the whole thing by the end of next week. Why? I don't know. It just seems like a good goal. But I'll have to see how long the bottom might take before I know if it's a reasonable goal.

The other thing that's getting the most attention is a blanket that I'm making for my mom for Christmas. I'm using a very pretty yarn: Andes in color 13. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to go back to the yarn store to pick up a few more hanks. Blast. Anyway, I'm doing the blanket in a stockinette/reverse stockinette block pattern. That will make more sense when there are pictures, I'm sure.

I'm also working on a couple of scarves that I've been working on for a good 8 months now. I just got distracted by doing other projects that I've put the scarf making to the wayside.

In an attempt to get through some of my stash, I think I'm going to make some pillows. Stitch N' Bitch has a couple of pillow patterns, one that has a bunch of loops, and it looks like it could be fun. And I don't know what else to do with some of these yarns. They're not really of the quality or quantity that I'd want to use for most of the projects I have in my head. So we'll see.

No comments: